An application for citizenship under this program grants a Maltese residence permit within 1-3 weeks after application and therefore Visa-free access to 166 destinations (incl. US, CA and UK). After building a genuine link to Malta for 1 year (with no requirements to stay in Malta for that time), the applicant will receive Maltese citizenship.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MIIP:
- ELIGIBILITY: The main applicant for Malta Citizenship by Investment Programme must be at least 18 years of age. Eligible dependents include the spouse, children, parents and grandparents, under certain conditions.
- Fit and proper test: The Government of Malta is committed to the highest standard of due diligence. Applicants must demonstrate a clean criminal record, verified with the International Criminal Court, INTERPOL and other authorities.
- GOOD HEALTH: Applicants must show they do not suffer from a contagious disease.
- PROPERTY PURCHASE OR RENTAL: Applicants are required to make an investment in property of at least €350,000 or enter a property rental contract for at least €16,000 p.a, both on five year contracts.
- CONTRIBUTION TO THE NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT & SOCIAL FUND: To qualify for MIIP, the main applicant is required to contribute at least €650,000 to Malta. Of this contribution, 70% will go into the Fund set up by the Government of Malta and run by a board of trustees. The rest goes to the consolidated fund. Spouses and children are required to contribute €25,000; unmarried children between 18 and 26 and dependent parents must contribute €50,000 each.
- INVESTMENT IN BONDS / SHARES: Applicants are required to invest at least €150,000 in Government approved bonds / shares from time to time be kept for 5 years.
For a request for more detailed information/factsheets please feel free to contact us.